(November 27, 2007)
TUESDAY, MARCH 11, 2008
SESSION I, 8:30 A.M. - 12 NOON
• Course Introduction
• Statistics & Growth Trends in World Absorbent Product Markets - Diapers, Adult, Feminine Hygiene and Wipes
• Technology Changes & Trends Affecting the Absorbent Products Industry
• Common Materials and Cost Factors
• Technology Changes & Evolution of Absorbent Product Designs
• Physiology of Urination in Normal Children and Adults - Designing for Differences in Age
• Adult Incontinence: Segmentation, Products, Prevalence, Flow Rates & Amounts by Type
• Skin Care Management Issues for Designers of Disposables
LUNCH (on your own)
SESSION II, 1:30 - 4:45 P.M.
MANUFACTURING ISSUES FOR ABSORBENT PRODUCTS
• Instructive Finished Product Designs & Advanced Manufacturing
• Thin Baby Diaper Approaches & Implications
• Density Gradient & 3-D Structures
• Superabsorbent & Fluff Pulp: Performance & Interactions
• Liquid Acquisition, Fluid Movement in Capillary Structures and Implications for Designers
• Feminine Hygiene Designs & Issues for Performance
• Evaluating Product & Materials Performance with Advanced Testing vs. Primitive Test Methods
• Questions and Answers
COCKTAIL PARTY, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 12, 2008
SESSION III, 8:30 A.M. - 12 NOON
• Fluff Pulp: Processes, Types, Defibration, and Implications of Fluff Pulp Selection for Product
• Superabsorbents: Manufacture, Forms, Selection & Performance
• Roll Good Absorbents, Alternatives & Pulpless Core Designs
• Ultrathin Products, Ultra High % SAPs & Alternative Materials
• Routine Production Control Methods vs. Central Lab Techniques
• Adjusting Diaper Design Formulas to Accommodate Material Price Shifts
• Wipes and Wipers Markets
• Airlaid Synthetic and Woodpulp Fabrics: Grades & Trends
• Forming and Bonding Technology for Airlaid Webs
• Future Trends in Airlaid Forming
BUS TRIP: MTS AIRLAID PLANT TOUR & DEMONSTRATION, 1:00 - 3:45 P.M.
A short bus trip will take delegates to tour the MTS facilities. Delegates will observe the production of complex grades of ultrathin and exotic hygienic composites, demonstrating airlaid design concepts described in the Short Course including: diapers-on-a-roll, ultra high SAP composites, two-sided wipers and 100% synthetics.
In addition, the MTS testing facility and absorbent product testing devices will be demonstrated, including hammermills, nit counters and MTS testing devices for adult and baby diaper development.
This is a special opportunity since airlaid plants are seldom open for public tours and few, if any, have these capabilities.
All delegates will receive an airlaid sample fabric book from the demonstration and a full proceedings book for the Short Course lectures.
The MTS Short Course will conclude with the end of the tour at 3:45 p.m.